Monday, March 28, 2011

Proud Momma


There's a new love in my life. It's a very new and exciting relationship, but one that's been budding for some time, I would even say all my life.
I went and held my new beloved a couple weeks before taking her home with me and I just knew. The weight of her in my hands, the way my breath caught in my throat and my heart started pitter-pattering at the mere sight of her. It's like we were made for each other. Now that I've brought her home with me, I find myself staring lovingly at her, ever so gently setting her down when my little dove has had a long day.
When we are out on a drive together, ready to embrace the day and I unthinkingly take a curve too fast--not used to having such precious cargo on board--I quickly reach out my arm to do the soccer-mom-save and hold her against the seat murmuring that I won't let anything happen to my precious peanut, adjusting her scarf to make sure she's warm.

I find myself missing her when I'm at work, delighting in all the new things she shows me every day when I get home. I don't know why I waited so long to make her mine, but now that she is in my life, I don't ever want to leave her.

Ah to be a proud momma to a new Nikon D7000 SLR.

I didn't know I could love like this.

No comments: