Monday, September 5, 2011

The Best of Summer

All right folks prepare yourself for something exciting! My first ever Best of List! I know, I know; it's gonna be good. Because my summer was a lot of things, stressful/crazy/wonderful/unique I wanted to do a small compilation. Okay that's a lie. It won't be small. So without further ado...

Best Books:
(In the order of very best-though I must add all these books were top-notch)
1. The Help by Kathryn Stockett- If you haven't read this, you are insane.
2. The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls- An unbelievable memoir that will make you feel truly blessed and sincerely make you question what you can actually achieve in this life.
3. The Girls Guide to Hunting and Fishing by Melissa Bank- A beautifully woven tale of womanhood that every girl can relate to.
4. Bossypants by Tina Fey- Everyone needs a little hilarity in their life and Tina Fey is it. I recommend the book on tape because you're privy to her wit firsthand.
5. We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg- This story of a mother and daughter's uncommon relationship will wow and warm you.
6. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding- Ahhh! I finally read this iconic book and yes it is better than the movie, though I will always dearly love the film. A perfect summer read and yes it made me feel a lot better about the state of my love life.
7. Love Walked In by Marisa De Los Santos- A very untypical love story but one absolutely worth reading for its incredibly poetic feeling. This writer knows her craft.
8. The Bridges of Madison County by Robert James Waller- And yes, finally got around to reading this as well. Such an easy fast read, but a worthwhile heart-wrenching love story.
9. Lake Wobegone Summer of 1956 by Garrison Keillor- In a word-hysterical.

Best songs:
(Or songs I couldn't get enough of)
Paolo Nutini
-Candy
-Coming up Easy
-Growing up beside you
First Aid Kit
-Hard Believer
-Ghost Town
-When I met up with the King
John Legend
-Everybody knows
Ben Gibbard
-Where our destination lies
Amos Lee
-Better Days
Brick and Lace
-Love is Wicked
Cold War Kids
-Audience
Young the Giant
-Cough Syrup
-My Body
Adele
-Someone like you
-Set fire to the rain
Natasha Bedingfield
-Little too much
Fleetwood Mac
-Songbird
-Never going back again
Glee tracks
-Unpretty
-Never going back again
Brett Dennon and Natalie Merchant
-Heaven
Across the Universe Soundtrack
-I've just seen a face
Mgmt
-Kids
Olly Murs
-Thinking of me
Lorene Scafaria
-We can't be friends
AWOLNATION
-Sail
-All I need
Grouplove
-Colours
The Avett Brothers
-I and Love and You
Bedouin Soundclash
-Brutal Hearts
Ray Charles
-Georgia on my Mind
10000 Maniacs
-Because the Night
Lil Wayne
-How to love
Panda Bear
-Last night at the Jetty
Andy Grammer
-Fine by me

Best Movies:
*Funny Girl
*Jane Eyre (I could not stop renting this)
*Arthur (the new version was superb)
*Amelie
*Footloose
*The Young Victoria
*A Philadelphia Story
*Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

Best Moments:
>Being at my family camp. LOVE IT. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.
>Actually waterskiing this year
>Attempting wakeboarding
>Seeing Vince Gill live for $3.00 and weeping to Go Rest High on that Mountain
>Going motorcycling with my uncle Lee
>Experiencing the Dirty South with my sister
>Lake Superior Scuba Diving
>Seeing one amazing James Heltunen
>Chats with my grandmama's
>Trying new things
>Learning to dap (that's for you Lace and Lex)
>Seeing two of my most amazing and beautiful friends wed their true loves. Pure Magic.
>Amish Country
>Sleeping in
>New York-Duh.
>Oh and last but not least, having only the finest people to spend my summer with: The Sturos bunch-all of you. My U.P. girls, WI girls, and Lower MI girls. The Rajala Clan. You all contributed to a most memorable summer and I thank you.

Until next time...

No comments: